Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Educating people for the sake of their pets.
KARE is an all volunteer non-profit organization providing animal welfare education and shelter rescue support to Kitsap County. KARE’s focus is on helping people understand and learn how to communicate with their pets in hopes of reducing the number of homeless pets in shelters. KARE also rescues adoptable dogs and cats that do not thrive in the shelter environment, who simply need a good home, and a little training and TLC to make them great pets. KARE partners with over-crowded shelters to bring adoptable pets to the area.
KARE’s focus is on helping people understand and learn how to communicate with their pets in hopes of reducing the number of homeless pets. KARE partners with various organizations and shelters to deliver the following programs:
- School Programs - KARE partners with schools to help children learn proper dog etiquette, bite prevention and elements of responsible pet ownership.
- Dog Park Ambassador Program - Partnering with Kitsap County Parks Department to provide information regarding healthy play, good park etiquette and friendly monitor services.
- Transition Consults - FREE behavior consult to any new dog owner to assist with any behavior and training concerns or issues.
- Dog Behavior Internship - Intensive 10-week course aimed at teaching shelter workers and volunteers basics of dog behavior, canine learning theory, behavior modification, recognizing canine body language, and stress indicators.
- Dog Training Classes - Beginning, intermediate, and advanced classes are provided in a group or individual setting to work on skills and socialization for dogs of all ages!
- Speaking Doglish - FREE workshop that discusses behavioral and communication differences between dogs and humans.
- Group Reactive Rover Rehabilitation (GRRR) - FREE weekly group aimed at helping people and their dogs to be less reactive and anxious around other dogs, people, or objects that cause fear reactivity.
- Dog Behavior Workshops - Two hour workshops targeting specific undesirable behaviors that can cause animals to be relinquished. Common topics such as loose-leash walking, separation anxiety, jumpy/mouthy behavior, potty training, etc. are covered.
- Canine Good Citizen/Therapy Dog Preparations - FREE weekly class that helps dog owners work on the skills necessary for their dog to pass the Canine Good Citizen test and/or become a therapy dog.
- Continuing Education for KARE Volunteers - KARE values their volunteers and promotes continuing education for them so they can continue to do amazing work!
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!