Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We promote animal and human welfare through:
- care and adoption of homeless animals;
- programs that enrich people's lives through animal interaction.
We seek to fulfill our Mission by providing:
- an open-admission shelter where homeless animals receive compassionate treatment, medical care, and adoption opportunities;
- life-saving approaches to animal care including animal fostering, transportation, and off site adoptions;
- community programs that unite people and animals for learning oportunities and ejoyment; and
- educational programs that reduce animal abuse, pet overpopulation, and euthanasia.
FCHS is a smaller, privately run 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless, abandoned, and lost companion animals in our area. We operate an open-admission animal shelter, refusing no animal in need, and providing the possibility of adoption for these unwanted animals. We strive to reduce pet overpopulation through promoting spaying and neutering and altering all pets adopted from our shelter, and we return lost pets by researching ownership and providing better identification. Like many small shelters, we receive no state or county tax support and no funding from other humane organizations or the United Way, nor are we related to the St. Louis Humane Society.
- erin marler
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!