Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Upward exists to empower members of the community to achieve real dreams through educational, spiritual and practical principles.
UPWARD Youth -
- Counseling - individual/group therapy provided for youth ages 5-16.
- After school care - a safe place for children during out of school hours where children receive a snack, homework assitance and participate in various activities.
- Individual tutoring - tutoring provided on an individual basis for children struggling academically.
- Arts program - weekly sessions that consists of 2D art sessions, 3D art, hip hop dance classes, intro to ballet, poetry, etc.
- Kids Church - Monday nights for any children that desire spiritual uplifting and encouragement.
- Youth Ministry - Monday nights for any youth that desire spiritual uplifting and encouragement.
- Summer Camp - 8 week camp during out of school time that includes educational enrichment, summer reading, fun activities, trips and more.
- Teen Arts Program/Competitions - poetry, art, spoken word, digital photography, etc
- Teen Summer Work Program - youth attend trainings and are provided with jobs/stipends during the summer. The purpose of this program is to teach importance of serving in our community.
- PANTRY - provides pantry boxes on an emergency and monthly basis to any individuals or families in need.
- BACKPACK MEAL KITS - program that distributes weekend meal kits to youth. Each kit contains 4 meals and 2 snack for the weekend that an individual youth can prepare themselves.
- HOMELESS PORTABLE MEALS - a kit of nonperishiable, easy to open food that will provide homeless/transit individuals with a healthy meal mobile meal.
- KIDS CAFE' - a hot, healthy meal that is served on our premises daily to any children in the community that desire to eat 5pm-6:30pm.
- Domestic Violence - Program to assist individuals with escaping, legal, counseling, group sessions, etc.
- Job Prep/Life Skills Coaching and Training - assits individuals in resume' creating, budgeting, GED and more.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!