Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Roseville’s Alternative Transportation Division contributes to a vibrant, healthy community by providing essential and safe transportation options which include transit, bikeway and alternative commute programs. We help area residents maintain or regain their independence through education and outreach which results in reducing vehicle miles traveled and improving air quality in the region.
• Bike or walk around and near schools within Roseville during school commute hours to assist students and parents as they bike or walk to and from school;
• Bike or walk on city multi-use trails and through parks to promote bicycling and walking which may include providing verbal or written pedestrian, bicycle or trails information and answer questions to the public;
• Encourage and reward safe bicycling and pedestrian behavior, and as needed provide "Free Bike Helmet" Coupons to children riding their bicycle without helmets, if they don’t own a helmet;
• On occasion, assist at fun community events to support, encourage and engage bicyclists (including such events as Earth Day, May is Bike Month, Energizer Stations, Smart Cycling Clinics, Roseville Bikefest and School Walk/Bike assemblies and rodeos);
• As requested, assist with surveys that document bike and pedestrian characteristics on trails and at schools; and
• As needed, provide feedback and knowledge that is gained in the field, to city staff, so staff can resolve issues and meet the community’s needs.