Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
It is the mission of this organization to help to create a safe, just, all-inclusive society in the Caribbean for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgender, Queer and Questioning individuals.
Threatening the security and future development of Caribbean states are consistent human rights abuses against LGBTQI persons. To address these predicaments, Caribbean Alliance For Equality (CAFE) commits itself to building on the legacy of activists and groups that preceded us in addition to collaborating with existing Caribbean human rights organizations. While finding innovative, creative, and practical ways to change the trajectory of the Caribbean region on LGBTQI issues, CAFE will also always value diplomacy, constructive dialogue, the needs of the youths, education, healthcare, eradicating the stigma of HIV/AIDS, and collaboration with a diversity of non-Caribbean organizations and groups, among other strategies. At the core of our mission, we envision a Caribbean landscape of partnership and equality among all peoples.Objectives
1. We strive to ensure that all basic human rights are granted to the LGBTQ community and will work tirelessly to eradicate the stigma placed on homosexuality.
2. We will work to create the framework and environment where all LGBTQ people can have access to the pursuit of life, freedom, and happiness.
3. We are working to achieve a society where all LGBTQ individuals are able to live freely and openly in society. LGBTQ individuals must be able to have access to the same resources as their heterosexual counter parts.
4. Caribbean Alliance for Equality condemns the criminalization of same gender loving people by the government of the Caribbean States. It is our goal to repeal oppressive laws that criminalized consensual sex between two adults, bar entry to a country due to sexual orientation or HIV/AIDS status. The draconian law victimizes the LGBTQ community and further put the wider society at risk.
5. We intend to have a serious dialogue on sexuality in an attempt to foster a better understanding of the LGBTQ community by people in the Caribbean so that we can achieve tolerance and acceptance.
6. We intend to help all LGBTQ individuals regardless of their socioeconomic class.
7. It is the goal of Caribbean Alliance For Equality to work closely with all other LGBTQI and human rights groups to accomplish our ultimate goal of a more inclusive and tolerant Caribbean.
- Jason Latty
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!