Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Spertus invites people of all ages and backgrounds to explore the multifaceted Jewish experience. Through its innovative public programming, exhibitions, collections, research facilities and degree programs, Spertus inspires learning, serves diverse communities and fosters understanding for Jews and people of all faiths, locally, regionally and around the world.
Through a synergy of cultural and academic programming, Spertus creates an engaging environment for people of all ages and backgrounds.
More than 200,000 people each year take part in creative, multi-dimensional programming that ranges from the intellectual rigor of formal degree programs to the richness of cultural celebrations, from the vitality of interactive children's activities to the significance of thought-provoking exhibitions.
Spertus is opening a new building in December 2007. The new facility will allow Spertus to better serve its longtime students and visitors, as well as meet the needs of new audiences with expanded public programming.
- Enhanced gallery, classroom, and library space, for Spertus Museum, Spertus College, and the Asher Library
- A specially designed 400-seat theater for lectures, live performances, and film
- Dramatic spaces for community events, cultural festivals, and celebrations, with spectacular views of Grant Park and Lake Michigan
- A children's center designed by Redmoon Theater Artistic Director Jim Lasko
- A kosher café managed by Wolfgang Puck Catering, who will also provide special event catering for Spertus and rental events
- A more comprehensive gift shop with a special section for children
In addition, the new building will include state-of-the-art storage capabilities to provide responsible care for the collections of Spertus Museum, the Asher Library, and the Chicago Jewish Archives.
- Rebecca Silverman
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!