Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
PMI is the world’s leading not-for-profit membership association for the project management profession, with more than 600,000 members and credential holders in more than 185 countries. PMI's fundamental goal is to foster greater recognition and acceptance of project management’s successful role in governments, organizations, academia and industries. The PMI Hudson Valley Chapter advances this objective on a local level and provides a forum for practitioners through education, professional development, volunteerism, and networking.
Project management, is defined as the application of skills and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently. It is a strategic competency for organizations, enabling them to tie project results to business goals -- and thus, better compete in their markets. Certified Project Managers are in high-demand. The Project Management Professional certification (PMP) is one of PMI’s most sought after certifications and represents an understanding of nine key business areas.
Specifically, the PMI Hudson Valley Chapter objectives are to:
- Encourage and facilitate education, certification, and professionalism in project management
- Disseminate information within the Hudson Valley regarding developments in project management
- Promote formal project management principles and techniques within local businesses, universities and professional associations
- Support and enhance the project management profession by developing quality programs based on local project manager needs
- Create and deliver an educational program that strengthens local project manager skills and supports the Project Management Institute Certification Program
Year after year, PMI Hudson Valley Chapter works to create new programs and improve existing ones for the benefit of our members and the community. For us to continue this progress, it is very important that we persist in having individuals donate their skills and valuable time. If you are interested in learning new skills, earning credit towards certification, meeting new people, or just giving back to the community, volunteer to get involved in our chapter.