Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Utah's Hogle Zoo nurtures respect and appreciation for the natural world by providing diverse educational, recreational, and conservation opportunities. This is accomplished through imaginative exhibits and programs, professional animal care, and a commitment to excellence.
- Utah's Hogle Zoo is 42 acres in size and has been at its current location since 1931. It was previously located at Liberty Park.
- Utah's Hogle Zoo is an accredited member of the American Zoo and Aquarium Association (AZA) and has met the rigorous standards for accreditation, which include detailed reviews and inspections of animal collections, veterinary care, physical facilities, safety and other business aspects of the Zoo.
- Nearly 70,000 school kids a year receive free admission to the Zoo through school-sponsored field trips.
- Utah's Hogle Zoo is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization run by the Utah Zoological Society Board of Directors. Sales from food and gift items at Utah's Hogle Zoo directly benefits the Zoo.
- The Zoo's animal collection includes over 1,100 specimens of 250 species. Of these species 21 are in the organized AZA Species Survival Plan.