Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission statement is: "To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives."
The American Heart Association's mission statement is: "To be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives." In March 1995, we adopted a Strategic Driving Force that reflects our unique niche in the healthcare arena and identifies cardiovascular disease and stroke information as our main product. Our Strategic Driving Force Statement (see below) describes how we will use our resources to support our mission. The five parts of the driving force are:
- Credible information services and products on heart disease and stroke
- Multiple distribution channels to meet customers' needs
- Consumer markets restricted to the United States
- Prioritization relative to risk
- Science and community mobilization as foundation
STRATEGIC DRIVING FORCE: Effecting change by providing information and solutions for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases and stroke in people of all ages, with special emphasis on those at high risk.