Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority (PDA) is a public corporation chartered by the City of Seattle in 1973. As a public trustee, the PDA serves as the caretaker and steward of the city's historic Pike Place Public Market.
The PDA's mission and charter purposes are:
- Ensure the traditional character of the Public Market is preserved.
- Renew, rehabilitate, preserve restore and develop structures and open spaces in and around the Market Historical District
- Continue the opportunity for Public Market farmers, merchants, residents, shoppers and visitors to carry on traditional market activities
- Initiate programs to expand food retailing in the District, especially the sale of local farm produce
- Preserve and expand the residential community, especially for low-income people
- Promote the survival and predominance of small shops, marginal businesses, thrift shops, arts and crafts, and other enterprises, activities, and services which are essential to the functioning of the Market.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!