Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority (PDA) is a public corporation chartered by the City of Seattle in 1973. As a public trustee, the PDA serves as the caretaker and steward of the city's historic Pike Place Public Market.
The PDA's mission and charter purposes are:
- Ensure the traditional character of the Public Market is preserved.
- Renew, rehabilitate, preserve restore and develop structures and open spaces in and around the Market Historical District
- Continue the opportunity for Public Market farmers, merchants, residents, shoppers and visitors to carry on traditional market activities
- Initiate programs to expand food retailing in the District, especially the sale of local farm produce
- Preserve and expand the residential community, especially for low-income people
- Promote the survival and predominance of small shops, marginal businesses, thrift shops, arts and crafts, and other enterprises, activities, and services which are essential to the functioning of the Market.
- Scott Davies
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!