Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
In Good Company (formerly known as the Respite Care Program) is a program that connects families to other people in our community who can provide help and support.
By establishing and strengthening relationships between families and individual care providers, the program enables parents and other family members to take a break from or to receive help with their day-to-day care-giving responsibilities.
Through personal connections with individual care providers as well as with new friends and allies, people with disabilities can participate more fully and positively in school, work, neighborhood, and community life.
Who is Eligible?
Dane County families are eligible if they have a child or an adult living at home who meets the Dane County definition of developmental disability: a significant impairment due to autism, epilepsy, cerebral palsy, mental retardation, brain injury or similar handicapping condition
What Help Is Provided?
Program staff can assist families:
- To develop a care plan and schedule that best meets their goals for the family member with a disability.
- To identify, screen, train, coordinate, and support qualified individual care providers.
- To encourage and support ordinary people who choose to become involved as neighbors, friends, volunteers, and/or companions.
- To identify and access financial resources to pay for in-home care, when needed.
- To fulfill the tax payment, reporting, and other requirements of employing individual care providers
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!