Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society is a non-profit, no kill society dedicated to the care and placement of adoptable animals and enhancing the bonds between animals and people through education.
The mission is accomplished by:
- Providing shelter and care for homeless pets,
- Finding homes with caring people for the pets in the shelter,
- Advocating, within the bounds of Vermont State law, for mistreated and neglected pets and other domesticated animals
- Encouraging spaying and neutering programs to reduce pet overpopulation,
- Educating people of all ages about the care of pets, the training of pets and the place of pets and other domesticated animals in the community.
Lucy Mackenzie Humane Society lives up to its motto of "improving the lives of people and pets." Each year hundreds of abandoned, neglected, mistreated and stray animals find their way to our shelter. Once here, our caring staff and volunteers make every effort to ensure that the animals are healthy, well adjusted, and ready to be matched with a home that will cherish their pet for the rest of its life -- a life all pets deserve.