Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Austin Dog Alliance, a non-profit organization, has a mission to improve the health and well being of individuals and families through programs incorporating the powerful connection between dogs and humans.
To achieve our mission we
- Promote the valuable role of pet therapy in our community
- Implement animal assisted programs in nursing homes, hospitals and rehabilitation centers
- Enhance student reading skills by utilizing Bow Wow Reading Dog pet therapy teams at schools and libraries
- Provide a variety of fun and educational programs designed to build self-esteem and teach children to love and respect dogs
- Provide programs for children and their families who are affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder and other special learning needs
- Provide professional and positive dog training classes
- Carefully place rescued dogs into forever homes
Austin Dog Alliance is not a business, it’s a passion. Take one of our classes, enjoy one of our events or volunteer to help.
Together, we can make a difference!
Austin Dog Alliance supports the following programs:
Pet Therapy - Seminars, training classes and placement service for pet therapy teams. Placements are availalbe at Dell Children's Medical Center, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center, Brackenridge Medical Center, nursing homes, schools and libraries.
K9 Kids Club - An after school enrichment program for dog loving 4th and 5th graders.
Dog Safety Seminars - Presentations to local school children on how to behave near stay dogs and how to greet a dog safely.
Bow Wow Reading Dogs - Trained pet threrapy teams work one-on-one with local school children as part of the child's reading curriculum.
Adoption - Rescue and adoption of dogs from local shelters. All dogs are temperment screened and healthy prior to placement.
Paws for Alert - An after school enridchment program for children who are hearing impaired and love dogs.
Hearing Alert Dog Training - A service dog training program.
- Mae Moorhead
- (512) 335-7100
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!