Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vance Elementary School of Human Diversity and Ecology: a NASA Explorer School integrates NASA resources into our magnet theme through design challenges, NASA educator visits, and video conference events to name a few. NASA objectives in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and geography are imbedded in our language and literacy program to strengthen student independence as life long learners.
How do we do this? We ask a lot of questions and investigate for answers!
• What makes a bubble round?
• Why do astronauts eat tortillas instead of bread?
• Can you design a shoebox to glide? Who are our partners?
• Vance families and community
• Colburn Earth Science Museum, UNCA, and the School of Inquiry and Life Sciences Asheville. What's planned for this year? • Quarterly NASA Nights for the entire Vance family to share and celebrate
• Monthly videoconferences with NASA experts and educators across the country.
• NASA educator visits once a quarter to guide students and families in the process of scientific inquiry through design challenges and investigations.
• Geographic information systems (GIS) explorations and GPS tools to strengthen geographic thinking using math and communication skills. GIS helps the general public, city officials, local businesses and industry make decisions about where to live, how to vote, where to build our communities, how to plan our future, and much, much more.
• Podcasts through NASA's 21st Century Explorer Kid's News Network
• Robotics LEGO NXT programming and challenges
• March 5th grade field trip to Washington DC and NASA Langley Research Center
- Gillian Garson
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!