Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Want to learn more about this School?
Children's Aid College Prep Charter School
Check out their profile on GreatSchools!
The Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School is a Children’s Aid Society community school whose mission is to prepare elementary school students for success in middle school, high school, college and life by providing them with a rigorous instructional experience, addressing their physical, emotional and social needs, fostering a sense of pride and hope and serving as a safe and engaging community hub.
The vision of the Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School is to ensure that ALL children have the opportunity to achieve the American dream. By fostering each child’s holistic development early in their academic careers, and by promoting learning and cognitive development, social and emotional skills development, and health and wellness supported by meaningful parent or caregiver engagement, The Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School will put its students on the path to college success. We believe that college graduation will provide our students the best opportunities to live the life of their dreams.
At Children’s Aid College Prep, students receive a solid academic foundation and have access to a variety of enrichment experiences that challenge them and keep them excited about learning. The school also features a set of student and family supports to reinforce learning and eliminate barriers to success. Children’s Aid College Prep features the following:
- the best instructional practices including opportunities for hands-on learning and exploration
- school-wide and classroom-based community building to advance students’ physical, emotional, and social needs
- positive, supportive relationships between students, staff and parents
- extended days and years to serve as a safe and engaging community hub
- parent advisory groups to support planning of community school programs and services
- life coaching services to help link families to community-based resources
The Children’s Aid College Prep Charter School aims to provide its students with the best possible start at education. To accomplish this task, we have developed a set of goals that include (click each goal to view a chart detailing implementation):
- Attendance & Retention: 95% average daily attendance and 95% retention
- Self-efficacy: 85% of students will achieve grade level scores on year-end math and reading tests
- Life Skills Development: 90% will show improved social and emotional behavior and awareness
- Avoiding Risky Behaviors: 95% will demonstrate good decision-making skills
- Health: 100% of students will have health insurance coverage.
- Parental involvement: 100% of parents complete a plan in support of their child’s school success that sets the path to college
- Professional and Committed Staff
- Karen Drezner
- (347) 871-9002
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!