Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Provide supplemental servicies to refugee, immigrants and low income families in Houston Metropolitan area during their transion period to boost their self-sufficiency.
Our goal is to boos their self-sufficiency through services such as Affordable Housing, Foof when their stock run low, Education (ESL and job training and awareness.
We are a 501 (c) (3) organaization registered with the State of Texas. All the contributions are tax deductible.As you know, needy families and individuals; especially; Refugees and Immigrants; and /or Foreign-Born in our community go without proper food, shelter, and essential medical care every day due to a variety of factors including language barriers, cultural shock, and lack of access to proper and affordable education, low wages, job loss, injuries, illness, family crisis, age, domestic violence, or divorce.
Refuges, immigrants and/or needy people face problems that are similar across the nation as follos: (1) low wages due to lack of job experience and right training ; which leads to cultural shock and frustration (2) low self esteem, (3) increasing poverty rate that leads to mental illnesses and temptation to crime to get what they need by violence, (4)Complicated social norms and laws of their new society (5) few chances for organized recreation and socializing activities, and (6) insufficient parental support or constructive, continuous, community role models in their lives.((6) Education and Employment Problems.Project Summary
Brothers Support Services Alliance goals and projects have are described as follows:
1. Provide access to the right training to low income families , immigrants and refugees skills that helps them to get and keep a job.
2. Provide a practical training platform to provide our clients the opportunity to learn how to start their own business and then create extra jobs for their fellows through Entreprenorship
3. Provide affordable housing to help them make extra savings for emergency funds during unpredictable times.
4. Procure them with translations and ESL classes with appropriate methodology to promote a smooth social integration
5. Create an environment of confidence to assure social counseling for all who need to share their mental situation crisis or problems.
6. To identify, and provide, personal development tools for all the clientsa including but not limited to refugees and immigrants so as to prepare them to be positive contributors in the community.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!