Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mission of the Fort Worth Zoo is to strengthen the bond between humans and the environment by promoting responsible stewardship of wildlife and ensuring diverse, high-quality educational and entertaining family experiences through effective and efficient management of it's resources. The foundation of this mission statement is based on three cornerstone principles: Conservation A commitment to affect positive change through the facilitation of conservation and sound scientific research. Education A commitment to provide factual information to nurture an appreciation of and respect for wildlife and the environment. Entertainment A commitment to excellence and to always exceed our guests' expectations.
The Fort Worth Zoo's mission of conservation, education and entertainment is fulfilled through a variety of ongoing work and Zoo programs. Some of the many ways the Zoo carries out its mission include:
· Providing formal education programs to more than 156,000 students and teachers annually
· Coordinating conservation programs in 29 countries
· Providing 30,000 free admission tickets, making the Zoo accessible to the entire community
· Housing 43 federally endangered species
· Reaching more than 50,000 people at schools, hospitals and civic groups through traveling animal outreach programs
· Caring for 39 participants of the Species Survival Plan (SSP), which manages endangered species including bongo, Jamaican iguanas and red-crowned cranes
· Breeding seven species from the "Top 25 Most Endangered Turtles" list
· Remaining an educational resource for a wider portion of the community
- sondra wilkie
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!