Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Senator Yee represents Senate District 8, which includes San Francisco and San Mateo Counties. Our staff works closely with students to provide a rewarding internship where they can learn more about the legislative process, state agencies, constituent services, and more. We offer interns the opportunity for interns to shadow staff and assist in the planning and production of community events.
Senator Yee's office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. There are many opportunities to attend events, meetings, and hearings on weekday evenings and on weekends, with full-time Field Representatives in the office. Interns should be able to commit to a minimum of 8-hours a week (1 working-day or multiple shifts in the week) on a regular basis. Internships are unpaid but may be used to fulfill school credit in coordination with academic officials at the intern's educational institution.
- Answer telephones
- Greet office visitors
- Sort and organize large volumes of public correspondence
- Solve constituent problems
- Research and track legislation
- Assist staff at community events and celebrations
- Increasing responsibilities are given to those with proven skills
- Professional demeanor and dress
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with constituents to resolve problems
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and internet navigation
- Interest in politics and public policy
- Strong writing skills
- Bilingual skills a plus (Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, etc.)
400 South El Camino Real, Suite 630
San Mateo, CA 94402
Please send a cover letter and resume to Josh Laney via Josh.Laney@sen.ca.gov or fax (650) 340-1661. If you have any questions, please call the office at (650) 340-8840.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!