Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Senior Medicare Patrols (SMPs) empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse through outreach, counseling, and education.
Wisconsin SMP is a program of the Coalition of Wisconsin Aging Groups. Wisconsin SMP is one of the oldest federally funded "fraud buster" programs in the country. The project is dedicated to stopping healthcare fraud, waste and abuse.
Wisconsin SMP provides training and information to Medicare beneficiaries, caregivers, and professionals, on issues like these:
- What is Medicare/Medicaid and who qualifies?
- What benefits are available at what cost?
- What is Medicare Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D?
- What is healthcare fraud, waste and abuse? How does it affect benefits?
- How can a Medicare beneficiary prevent health care fraud?
- How can a Medicare beneficiary detect health care fraud?
- What can be done if there is over-billing on a Medicare statement?
- How can others in your community be educated to understand and maximize their Medicare/Medicaid benefits?
- Why is healthcare fraud, waste and abuse a concern?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!