Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of Crossroads is to care for any person in need by providing counseling, advocacy, and material assistance when possible and appropriate, and responding to other human needs in the community as we are enabled to do so.
Crossroads is a social service outreach agency with two locations in Detroit. Founded in 1971, Crossroads exists to support the community at large by providing emergency assistance, advocacy, and counseling to anyone in need.
Social Service Unit
Our Social Services Unit offers counseling and support to assist clients to come to terms with their problems and discover solutions at the most basic level possible.
• In some cases, a counselor may make referrals to other service organizations that are specifically geared to the needs of particular clients.
• In other instances, Crossroads serves an advocacy function, offering to the disadvantaged a handle on a social system that, largely, has forgotten them.
• In addition to other services, Crossroads is able to provide material aid as necessary, such as food, transportation, clothing and the costs of identification and prescriptions.
• Each Sunday afternoon, Crossroads serves a hot meal to all who come. Teams from parishes and service organizations throughout the metro Detroit area host the Soup Kitchen.
Crossroads Employment Office
• A job is an income, a sense of self-worth, and a commitment to the community; a job is the opportunity many seek. Crossroads Employment Office assists those seeking full-time work. Potential employers and job openings are canvassed in our Resource Room and applicants are screened and offered "job readiness" preparation prior to job interviews.
Crossroads Job Club
• Crossroads' Job Club is a biweekly coming together of job seekers. Over lunch these clients hear speakers talk on employment skills and work ethics, and they provide each other with support and encouragement.
- Nicole Watters-Harris
- Need admin access?