Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The goal of Noah’s Children, Central Virginia’s only pediatric palliative care and hospice program, is to deliver comprehensive, compassionate care for mind, body and spirit to the patient and the whole family.
Through an interdisciplinary team that includes physicians, nurses, social workers, spiritual caregivers and volunteers, we closely assess the multiple needs of children and families to develop a comprehensive plan of care aimed at:
- Improving quality of life
- Minimizing suffering
- Optimizing function
- Providing opportunities for personal and spiritual growth
Our flexible approach also means that we can modify the plan of care as needs and wishes change.
We use a combination of therapies to comfort and support the child, family members and others in the child’s life. We aim to fulfill our goals with sensitivity toward our patients’ and their families’ personal, developmental, cultural and religious values, beliefs and practices.
Noah’s Children is Central Virginia’s only pediatric palliative care and hospice program.
Our holistic, compassionate approach encompasses the needs of infants and children, up to age 18, diagnosed with a life-threatening or life limiting illness. We provide for the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of our patients and their families. Pediatricians, neonatal, and pediatric care units from all major health systems in Central Virginia refer patients to us.
- Bon Secours Richmond Health System
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA)
- Southside Regional Medical Center
- Virginia Commonwealth University (MCV)
At this time, we are able to care for all children who need hospice or palliative care without charging, thanks in part to donor support and the support of the Bon Secours Richmond Health System, which pays for our administrative costs. Noah's Children offers patients and their families:
- Time together. Noah’s Children provides physical, emotional, social and spiritual care to families who have a child with a life-threatening condition. We give comfort by helping families make the most of their time together. Our staff understands that end-of-life decisions can be incredibly overwhelming, deeply emotional and filled with uncertainty.
- Specialized care. Our interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, spiritual-care givers, and volunteers work together to create a comprehensive plan of care. Unlike traditional hospice, Noah’s Children provides palliative care to families who are still seeking curative treatments as well as those who need comfort care and symptom management.
- Community support. Noah’s Children began as a kids-helping-kids project. Today, it is sustained by the creative energy of children, the compassionate care of volunteers, the generous contributions of our donors and the partnerships we have with organizations throughout the community. Partner with Noah’s Children - giveor volunteer- and provide a bridge to needed services not always covered by insurance.
- Carolyn Ailstock
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!