Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
Girls on the Run of Greater Detroit (for 3rd-5th grade girls) and Girls on Track of Greater Detroit (for 6th-8th grade girls), affiliate programs of the YMCA of Metro Detroit, are after school programs that inspiring girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. During 10 weeks , girls are empowered with a greater self-awareness, a sense of achievement and a foundation in team building to help them become strong and self-confident young women. Volunteer Coaches lead discussions about body image , resisting peer pressure, making healthy decisions, and contributing to the community. Along the way, the girls train together to run or walk a 5k event.
- Jackie Kippen
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!