Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to make each day better and safer for Denver’s low-income and homeless seniors by providing the resources and support they need to lead more self-sufficient and fulfilling lives.
Senior Support Services (SSS) was established in 1976 when six churches in downtown Denver came together to assist low-income and homeless seniors who were being displaced by downtown redevelopment. As the need grew, our services expanded. In 1979, we began to provide day shelter, coffee, one hot meal per day and case management services to assist seniors in obtaining benefits and finding affordable housing. In 1995, SSS bought a building at 18th Avenue & Emerson Street where the full range of services - one-stop shopping - are provided for hungry and homeless seniors.
Our overall goal each year is to meet the full range of needs of 2000 hungry and homeless seniors.
We successfully operate the only day center catering to the needs of the hungry and homeless seniors of the Denver area. Clients get meals, emergency food and clothing, individualized case management, medical care, housing, socialization, and activities.
- Safe daytime shelter located at 18th Avenue & Emerson Street.Open for 12 hours each weekday and 5 hours on Sundays
- Daily breakfast
- Daily hot lunch
- Daily hot dinner
- Mid-day meal on Sundays
- Emergency food and clothing banks
- Access to medical care, health screenings and mental health care
- Transportation and escort to medical appointments, shopping, errands
- Access to computers and Internet for word processing, email, etc.
- Individualized case management and advocacy
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!