Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of CHIP/Healthy Families is to promote the health, education and well-being of Chesapeake children, ages 0 through 6, by connecting them to medical and community services and providing parenting support through intensive home visitations. Our goals to improve the health of children, reduce child abuse and neglect, and prepare children for school readiness are critical to the development of children and the strength of our community.
Chesapeake Health Investment Program (CHIP/Healthy Families) is a not-for-profit organization serving our community's at risk children and their families.
Our services include:
- Home Visitation and Case Management
- Parenting Education
- Screenings and Assessments of First-time mothers
- Children's Assessments and Health Education
First Steps is a program that helps parents and their infants get to know each other. Trained volunteers are ready to give support, education and referrals to services that will assist in those early months of parenting. First Steps volunteers can share tips on some or all of the following.
- Taking care of personal needs after delivery
- Involving Dad in everyday loving care
- Effectively using suggestions from families and friends
- Getting to know your baby
- Finding help when needed
- Helping other children adjust
- Managing the "baby blues"
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!