Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide no-kill solutions to reduce the number of homeless cats and dogs through education, rehabilitation and re-homing.
Who We Are and What We Do.
The HHS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to caring for the homeless dogs and cats of Alpena County. Our facility is usually pretty full with 20+ dogs and 80+ cats on any given day. We are a no-kill shelter and will work to heal and rehabilitate the pets that come through our doors. While we cooperate with local governments to provide services to the surrounding city, township and county, we rely on private donations to keep our doors open.
The Huron Humane Society offers a variety of services to local residents. Among them are:
- providing shelter for stray and lost pets
- locating suitable homes for the pets
- Rehabilitating ill and injured dogs and cats
- working with owners to re-home their animals
- providing microchipping to the general community
- supporting spay and neuter efforts
- obtaining full veterinary services for all pets in our care
- microchipping service to the community
- school and nursing home pet visitations
- Val Pfoutz
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!