Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) provides the Smithsonian community with administrative and financial services, through externally funded grants and contracts, to secure financial resources needed to carry out the Institution's mission. These services include:
- Identification of external sources of funding
- Dissemination to potential principal investigators
- Liaison with sponsors
- Proposal development and preparation
- Institutional and sponsor compliance
- Proposal transmittal
- Grant and contract negotiations and signature
- Central administration of externally-funded projects
- Financial management of externally-funded projects
- Indirect cost calculation and negotiation
- Audit liaison with Office of Naval Research, Defense Contract Audit Agency, Office of the Inspector General, and Sponsor Audit Liaison
- Coordination, consultation, and collaboration with Smithsonian offices and units
- Training of clients and staff
- Advocacy of external funding
- Performance measurement, analysis and reporting
OSP is seeking volunteers to participate in an external review of its research administration functions. Research administration experience and/or consulting experience with universities, museums, scientific/medical institutions, or other sponsored projects offices is helpful. Interested volunteers should email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and/or a brief description of research administration experience.
- Stephanie Wezowicz
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!