Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Museum of Chinese in America (MOCA) is the first full-time, professionally-staffed museum dedicated to reclaiming, preserving, and interpreting the history and culture of Chinese and their descendants in the Western hemisphere.
Through an ongoing and historical dialogue that shapes MOCA's collections, programs and exhibitions, people of all backgrounds are able to explore the diversity and complexity of our history and culture, while gaining unique access to the images, papers, oral histories and artifacts which document the story.
Hailed by the Smithsonian Magazine as "a cultural rescue mission to save a little-known immigrant heritage," MOCA has grown to be a trusted steward of the community's legacy and a catalyst for tackling complex historical and contemporary issues affecting the community.
Our emphasis on encouraging dialogue within our different communities makes us a model among interactive museums.
Our work includes:
- presenting exhibits and multimedia productions;
- offering education programs and curriculum that are used in local schools;
- curating and expanding our collections;
- collecting oral histories through our information technology and community-based projects;
- and hosting festivals, workshops, conferences, readings and art shows.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!