Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To support community groups and individual households to improve on their livelihood through the implementation of eco-friendly initiatives and capacity building to foster sustainability.
- To protect water catchments, watershed, and forest by scaling up tree domestication, planting environmental friendly trees to foster adaptation to climate-smart technologies;
- To protect wildlife by encouraging hunters and farmers to practice bee farming, poultry farming, goat/sheep rearing, eco-tourism initiatives like tour guiding for wildlife watching and research
- To promote literacy and numeracy among youths and women (especially girls) and farmer groups in the village.
- To promote value-chain by processing fruits into juice; wild mushroom harvesting,research and production.STRATEGY
CEDEP believes on using the participatory approach to identify problems, provide solutions, monitor and follow up of activities. We also:
- Provide free advice to farmer groups and individuals in the villages by visiting them on meeting days and sometimes subsidies cost of seeds for those wishing to grow organic vegetables.
- Set up a Mushroom research and spawn production unit to foster mushroom production in the community to ensure all year availability of mushrooms which is a seasonal resource.
- Train individual households on mushroom cultivation as well as provide immediate market to households engaged in wild mushroom harvesting. By this, a network of mushroom growers will be established in the villages.
- With the use of GIS, the Tubah Forest Reserve which have very limited data will be mapped and geo-referenced, flora and fauna inventory done, carbon stock measured and a 5 years conservation management plan design.
- We also Incorporate GIS in all feasibility studies related to agriculture, forestry, conservation, fishery and socioeconomics by consulting to interested organisations and or institutions.- Build Partnership with community groups, Councils and other organizations.