Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Miami Bethany Community Services, Inc. (MBCS) is an agency dedicated to the holistic - physical, emotional and spiritual - empowerment of the underserved communities of Greater Miami.
MBCS's commitment to the community has led us to create programs that address the different needs our community may have. These programs are:
- Bethany B.E.S.T. (Better Educated Students for Tomorrow): is a high quality after school/summer program for children ages 5-16 that provides professional supervision and help with daily homework, tutoring in reading, math, and spelling, life skills, a fitness component and educational and recreational field trips.
- Bethany Kids: This component is for children ages 0-5 years. We are currently working to complete an Early Childhood Development Center that cares for preschoolers.
- F.R.I.E.N.D. (Feeding - Reliving - Instructing - Employing - aNd - Dressing): This program provides food and clothing to underserved families living in Miami Dade County on a weekly basis and in emergency cases.
- Y.E.A.H. (Youth Encountering Action and Hope): This program targets at risk youth through awareness and prevention conferences and seminars; it also provides ample perspective of the consequences of drug and alcohol use and school drop-out and emphasizes abstinence.
- Rescuing the family: This program is dedicated to strengthening families. Its conferences, seminars, and counseling for parents address the subjects of single parenting, parental marital issues, healthy marriage issues, and married life before and during a crisis. It also provides support and counseling when dealing with substance abuse, domestic violence, child abuse and divorce.
- Bethany Disaster Assistance: This program was created in response to the destruction throughout the Gulf Coast area due to Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma. Now, this program serves victims of any natural disaster and has a preventative element.
- Julie Irvin
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!