Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the annual Greater Cedar Rapids Open - a non-profit organization established in 1999 - is to conduct a professional golf tournament that will:
• Provide a showcase for aspiring professional golfers from around the world,
• Promote the game of golf as a "lesson in life" and a "game for a lifetime,"
• Highlight the hospitality and cooperation of the local community,
• Benefit area non-profit organizations that provide recreational opportunities for local youth, and
• Raise awareness about the prevention of melanoma - the most dangerous type of skin cancer.
Greater Cedar Rapids Open
July 21-25, 2015
Hunters Ridge Golf Course
36/36 = 72 Par
3,502/3,505 = 7,007 Total Yards
Limited to 156 players, including future PGA Tour professionals, senior professionals and amateurs from around the world.
$20,000 first prize for Professionals; additional Senior Professional and Amateur purses.
Chris Baker - Jacksonville Beach, Fla.
Granite City Food & Brewery
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Jim Petersen & Jim McPartland
Jim McPartland & Mark Lemon
Local charities have received more than $115,000 since 1999. In 2012, the Greater Cedar Rapids Open committed to raising awareness about the prevention of melanoma - the most dangerous type of skin cancer. A portion of the funds raised in 2012 will benefit melanoma research at The University of Iowa's Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Call Greater Cedar Rapids Open Co-Chairs Jim Petersen at 319-651-1079 or Jim McPartland at 319-310-5745. You also may call Hunters Ridge Head Golf Professional Nate Severin at 319-377-3500.