Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The San Mateo County Library provides excellent, innovative library services to our diverse communities that will:
- Ensure access to information in a variety of formats on a broad array of topics that support personal growth and individual enrichment;
- Build skills that assist in finding, evaluating and using information effectively;
- Promote basic literacy for all ages;
- Support current and continuing educational goals;
- Offer current materials of popular and recreational interest.
San Mateo County Library's 12 community libraries provide enrichment and educational programs. Volunteers are needed for on-site story times, craft programs, computer classes and more.
San Mateo County READS - Offers volunteer opportunities to support adult, family and child literacy acquisition. Volunteers are needed for the following:
1. Adult literacy provides free, one-on-one or small group tutoring for students 16 years and older, who want to improve their basic skills. Volunteers tutors are provided with 8 hours of training and meet with their students 2 to 3 hours a week at the library or other community venues.
2. Youth and family literacy offers outreach programs off-site in various community venues. Volunteers work on an average of between 2 to 6 hours a month doing story times, helping with family literacy programs and other book promoting activities. Training varies depending on the activity.
- Sarah Lapin
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!