Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- The Salvation Army provides assistance to those in need 365 days a year.
- Founded by William Booth in 1865, The Salvation Army is an international organization that meets the physical and spiritual needs of people in 111 countries around the globe, and in more than 1,400 communities across America without discrimination.
- The Salvation Army assists more than 31 million individuals throughout the year in the United States - almost 5 million of those during the holiday season alone.
- 83 percent of your donation to The Salvation Army goes directly to program funding to help people who need it most.
- The Salvation Army operates several domestic violence shelters nationwide, where abused women and children can get a fresh start in life, safely and confidentially.
- Salvation Army adult rehabilitation centers annually help nearly 200,000 people from every walk of life fight substance abuse and return to their communities as participating, contributing members.
- When you shop at Salvation Army thrift stores, you are helping individuals in our 150 adult rehabilitation centers nationwide through work therapy.
- The Salvation Army's Alegria program in Los Angeles provides transitional and permanent housing and specialized support services to homeless and low-income families affected by HIV/AIDS.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!