Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Office of the State Engineer Library ("the OSE Library" or "the Library") serves all the citizens of New Mexico as the State Library of Water Resource Information. A professional librarian manages the Library and strives to support the information needs of The Office of the State Engineer and other users of the OSE Library by:
- providing information resources and services to meet the demands and needs of all OSE Library users;
- purchasing and acquiring materials as needed to maintain, update, or enhance the collection;
- educating the Library's users, in support of the State Water Plan, in areas of developing water resources, conservation and efficient use of water, drought planning, protecting, maintaining, and enhancing the quality of the State's waters, providing for fish and wildlife habitat preservation and maintenance and for river restoration, senior water rights, maintaining and enforcing interstate stream compact compliance, and, when appropriate, assisting in water rights adjudications;
- collecting, preserving, restoring, and cataloging all materials acquired or purchased for the collection, including documents produced in-house;
- working with the Information Technology unit to maintain and update the Library's web presence.
The OSE Library develops and maintains a comprehensive collection relating to the history, science, law, use and management of New Mexico's water resources.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!