Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Happy Tails Animal Rescue of Washington County, VA is a 501(c)(3) not- for- profit organization incorporated in June 2010 dedicated to the rescue of animals from the harm of abuse, neglect, abandonment, and unnecessary euthanasia and to the placement of animals with rescue organizations or adopters. We support and promote spaying and neutering of all cats and dogs to help control the pet overpopulation and promote education of the public about responsible pet ownership.
Happy Tails is Dedicated to: *Preventing the abuse, neglect, cruelty and unnecessary euthanasia of animals,*Promoting and Supporting the spay/neuter of all pets,*Educating the public to responsible pet ownership.
PROGRAMS TO SUPPORT OUR MISSION:
- RESCUE of animals from the shelter and from the community to the safety of other no-kill rescues, foster care and re-homing
- ADOPTION EVENTS at various locations in Washington County, VA
- DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION offering resources for low-cost spay/neuter FOSTER CARE of animals from the shelter and the community as space allows
- EDUCATION OF THE PUBLIC to responsible pet ownership in formal and informal settings
- FUNDRAISING necessary to maintain the work of the organization
Happy Tails rescues animals from individuals in the community who wish to relinquish as well as from the local animal shelter that practices euthanasia. These animals are either immediately transported to the safety of outlying no-kill rescue organizations or fostered locally for future adoption or rescue. During the foster period, Happy Tails provides general care for the animals and age-appropriate veterinary care including deworm, deflea, vaccinations, and spay/neuter as well as treatment of any illness/disease/trauma/chronic or congenital conditions. Happy Tails provides weekly transports to no-kill rescue organizations in areas with greater demand for pets and also offers local adoptions.