Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of the Asheville High School Band Association. Inc. is:
- to arouse and maintain an enthusiastic interest in the many and varied activities of the instrumental music department of Asheville High School,
- to lend all possible support, both moral and financial, to the instrumental music programs of Asheville High School,
- to support current, future and past students of the Asheville High School instrumental music program,
- to support the community and families of current, future and past students of the Asheville High School instrumental music department,
- to work with the directors of the Asheville High School instrumental music department, the administration of Asheville High School and the Board of the Asheville City Schools to ensure the instrumental music programs of Asheville High School continually achieve and maintain the highest possible levels of integrity, proficiency and performance.
The Asheville High School Band Association, Inc., hereafter known as AHSBA, supports the Asheville High School band program and directors through the donation of money, time and materials to provide the band students with exciting and enriching experiences. This includes training for and participating in judged, competitive competitions for many parts of the band including marching band and concert band.
The AHSBA raises funds to enable the band to travel to experience educational opportunities outside the classroom. In the past these opportunities have included cruise tours with other bands in a judged competition series, seminars, participating in the 2013 Inaugural Festival and Competition and many others. In the future we plan to include many of these same activities and participation in the Pearl Harbor Day parade, attendance and participation in a steel drums festival in Bequia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
The AHSBA raises funds to support the participation of the band and band students in various enrichment opportunities in our community. Some examples are student attendance at the LEAF Festival and participation in workshops at or associated with the festival, and regular participation in our local holiday parade.
- Will Schneider
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!