Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location1286 Runnymede StreetEast Palo Alto, CA 94303 United States
Our mission is to equip our students with the academic skills, behaviors, habits, and qualities of character necessary to successfully complete college so that they have the opportunity to earn a family-sustaining income and make a positive impact on their community.
As a member of the Aspire Charter School network, we hold these values:
- Collaboration: Working collectively to accomplish more than what is possible alone
- Ownership: Individual and group accountability for results, actions and decisions
- Quality: Commitment to excellence and the discipline to continually improve
- Customer Service: Responsiveness to the needs of external and internal customers
- Purposefulness: Deliberate action, focused on the organization's goals and priorities
We continually seek educational partners, community volunteers and parent participation to support our goal that every student will develop into a literate, motivated and confident individual devoted to serving the community and pursuing academic excellence.
East Palo Alto Charter School (EPACS) was founded by parents in 1997 to provide high quality education to students in East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park (the Ravenswood City School District). In 2006, East Palo Alto Phoenix Academy (EPAPA), our sister high school, opened its doors.
Who We Serve
EPACS serves 421 students with 26 staff for grades K-6. EPAPA currently has 321 students in grades 7-12. Both schools have achieved amazing results: in a community where over half of the students don’t finish high school in four years, each of our 5 graduating classes have had 100% of our graduating seniors are accepted to four-year colleges and universities.