Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Mission of the Duquesne University School of Nursing Nurse-Managed Wellness Center is to provide wellness oriented health care services to vulnerable populations. The goal is to deliver holistic and culturally competent care that promotes health, functioning and quality of life. The Center provides opportunities for interdisciplinary care experiences, service and research for students and faculty from the University. In all aspects of care, the uniqueness and strengths of the community and of each individual receiving care are maximized and respected. Confidentiality and awareness of each individual's rights to choose are maintained.
GOAL STATEMENTNURSE-MANAGED WELLNESS CENTER
Specific goals of the Nurse-Managed Wellness Center services are to be:
· Provide nursing and health sciences students with community-based, cross-cultural health care experiences;
· Provide health promotion/disease prevention activities;
· Improve functioning and quality of life;
· Delay or aid in the prevention of complications from chronic health conditions;
· Facilitate self-management of health;
· Increase participation in Center activities;
· Promote more appropriate use of the health care system;
· Increase the ability of clients to live independently for a longer period of time;
· Deliver culturally competent care by interdisciplinary health care providers;
· Develop a model that can be replicated in other high-rises and community sites;
· Document outcomes that can be applied to other populations.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!