Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
AseraCare Mission We will focus our resources to serve the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of our associates, patients and families with a sense of compassion, urgency and customer service. We will preserve the dignity of death for ourpatients and families so that no one will ever die in pain or alone. We will create a culture that is dedicated to the alleviation of human suffering which finds expression through the ongoing gentle acts of kindness, sympathy and compassion. We will serve, educate and support our local communities and referral sources as to the benefits, dignity and nobility of end of life care. We will grow a vibrant business that delivers exceptional care, customer service and financial performance.
Aseracare Hospice provides medical care and support to terminally ill individuals who are in the last stages of their lives. We also provide support to the family members and assist them through this trying time.
Care is provided by a medically supervised team of professionals and volunteers. Our common goal is to reduce the stress and pressure on the patient and the family . . . allowing both to make the most of the time they spend together.
* The family doctor directs the medical care.
* Nursing staff helps manage physical symptoms, and provide the doctor with important clinical information.
* Social workers counsel families and patients to help them understand the emotions they will experience during this difficult time.
* Volunteers give one-to-one attention to patients, sharing the valuable gift of time.
* Spiritual coordinators support the patient's spiritual beliefs, and assist in meeting spiritual end-of-life needs.
* Physical, occupational and speech therapists provide rehabilitative support.
* Home health aides and homemaker services address the patient's personal needs.
* Dietary staff provides nutrition counseling to the patient and family.
* Bereavement staff counsels families for 13 months as they cope with grief and loss after a loved one's death.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!