Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Friends of Newberry is a not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to raise funds for Newberry Math and Science Academy. It has a 501 (c) (3) status, so donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Additional purposes of Friends are to foster and promote quality education at Newberry Academy; to seek involvement from the broader community; and to expand the resources available to Newberry Academy. General membership of Friends include parents, faculty, staff, and community members of Newberry Academy that support expanding resources available to our school.
Friends raises monies to fund needs at Newberry that go beyond the desks and chalkboards. Funds are raised to support and enhance the educational experience for each student and build a cohesive yet diverse community of learners.
Traditionally, Newberry's annual Spring Benefit is the largest contributor to the Friends of Newberry account. The past three annual benefits have raised over $40,000 each year. This year's benefit hopes to match, if not exceed last year's success.
Other fundraising includes:
- Affiliate with Oriental Trading Company: 5% of all online orders through the link on Newberry's homepage will be given to Friends of Newberry
- Sales of personalized garden bricks for the outdoor garden: proceeds of these sales will be used to maintain and beautify Newberry's Discovery Garden
- Donations from individual members of the larger Newberry community
Where do funds go?
Friends of Newberry has supported various initiatives at Newberry Academy, including:
- Everyday Mathematics
- Partnership with a variety of cultural entities, such as the Vittum Theatre
- New textbooks for different subjects and various grades
- Teacher staff development
- Support for the school's front office
- And many others
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!