Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Life After Brain Injury is an Independent Living-based support system for survivors and family caregivers who want to be more capable, resourceful and resilient. We motivate survivors to pursue a fuller, more independent life that is neither limited nor defined by brain injury.
Life After Brain Injury is...
- a program that helps survivors take back their lives, after brain injury has turned their lives upside-down;
- a support system for family members, so they can avoid caregiver burn-out;
- Independent Living-based (grounded in consumer choice, peer mentoring, and full inclusion in the community);
- a nonprofit serving Ventura County, in Southern California.
- support, hope and understanding from people who "get" brain injury;
- information and education around brain injury;
- training in independent living skills;
- a boost to your self-esteem and self-confidence;
- a sense of community and belonging.