Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Colleagues of Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those with whom they come into contact.
Compassus Volunteers make a difference in the lives of patients and families. They find their Volunteer experience incredibly rewarding as they provide support to those who are going through the end of life process:
- Listening as a patient shares memories
- Filling in to give a family caregiver a short, needed break
- Making supportive calls and visits to bereaved family members.
- Telephoning patients and families to offer reassurance and comfort
- Providing administrative support to the Hospice Advantage office
- Running errands, performing light housekeeping chores
- Visiting lonely hospice patients in nursing homes
- Reading, playing games, listening to music with a patient
Specialty volunteers provide massage, play music and bring their pets to visit. Student volunteers find many opportunities to gain valuable experience while meeting their school's requirements.
All Hospice Compassus volunteers receive comprehensive training that includes hospice philosophy, caring for the terminally ill and grief and loss education. We then match your talents and interests with available volunteer roles.