Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The City of Mission Viejo Animal Services Center is a pro-humane shelter where stray animals are cared for until they are reunited with their owners or until they can be placed in new permanent homes.
The Mission Viejo Animal Services Center is looking for volunteers to assist with essential volunteer duties at the center. While volunteering at the center can be very rewarding, the job can be very physically demanding. The following is a brief description of the requirements and duties for volunteering.
1. Volunteer opportunities include: Dog Walking, Cat Care, and Rabbit Care.
2. All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or older.
3. Volunteers are required to complete and submit a volunteer application, attend an orientation session, and attend a training session before volunteering.
4. Volunteers are required to get a tetanus shot or provide proof of a shot within 30 days.
5. Volunteers are required to work a one 3 hour shift per week on a specified day and time.
6. Volunteers are required to provide a one year commitment to the program.
7. Dog walker volunteers must be physically able to walk an untrained (pulling on the leash) 80 pound dog. The shelter has a very few small dogs and the majority of the dogs have not had any training.
8. Cat care volunteers must be physically able to handle a cat that can weigh up to 20 pounds.
9. Volunteers must be willing to assist with cleaning cages, changing litter pans, cleaning up after animals, laundry, socializing the animals and assisting the public.
If interested, please visit us at the Animal Services Center to fill out a volunteer application . Or call 470-3045 for more information.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!