Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Take Stock in Children was established in 1995 as a non-profit organization in Florida that provides a unique opportunity for deserving low-income youth/students, many from minority families, to escape the cycle of poverty through education. We offer our students college scholarships, caring volunteer mentors and hope for a better life. Our comprehensive services start in middle school, continue through high school and include their transition into college.
Our goal is to continue to reduce the number of high school drop-outs and to increase the number of students who finish college and enter the workforce successfully.
Since our inception in 1995, Take Stock in Children has demonstrated its success and sustainability by delivering life changing results for our students.
Highlights of our results are as follows:
• Take Stock in Children has served over 24,000 children throughout 67 counties in Florida
• Take Stock in Children has over $149 million in Florida Prepaid Foundation scholarship assets
• Take Stock in Children has generated over 1,000,000 mentor volunteer hours and currently has over 8,200 mentors
• Take Stock in Children’s current student population consists of over 65% of minority children
• Take Stock in Children is funded from both the private and public sector
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!