Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Since its founding in 2003, Arts on the Block’s mission has been to empower creative youth to imagine and shape fulfilling futures and contribute to the quality of life in their communities. AOB achieves its mission by providing real-world experiences in the arts, educational guidance and entrepreneurial training geared to their unique capabilities.
Each goal of Arts on the Block is firmly fixed on the success of students and apprentices. AOB strives to:
- Provide high quality, on-the-job training through various artistic media in a year-round arts-based program;
- Operate within a positive youth environment framework, providing professional mentoring and other reinforcements aimed at strengthening participants’ developmental assets;
- Increase public awareness of the importance of the arts and arts education;
- Supplement and build upon the learning objectives of Montgomery County Public Schools;
- Strengthen social skills, build self-confidence and develop problem solving, reasoning and decision-making skills among participating youth apprentices.
Through its programs, Arts on the Block offers area youth the opportunity to imagine, create and shape fulfilling futures while contributing to the quality of life in their communities.
Collectively, AOB programs bring educational guidance, entrepreneurial training and a real-world experience in the arts that imparts transferable life skills. Individually, participants receive professional mentoring and personal attention that strengthens development and encourages achievement.
- Patty Tartaglia
- Need admin access?