Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The San Jose / Silicon Valley NAACP strives to improve the political, educational, social, and economic status of minority groups; to eliminate racial prejudice; to keep the public aware of the adverse effects of racial discrimination, consistent with the efforts of the national organization and in conformity with the articles of Incorporation of the Association, its Constitution and By-Laws as directed by the National Board of Directors. Since 1952 the San Jose / Silicon Valley NAACP has represented all communities of color in ensuring fair treatment throughout the Santa Clara County. The branch has been responsible for high profile change including working to change Denny's Restaurants past practices which led to a national change in Denny's policies and hiring practices.
The purpose of the NAACP is to protect the interests and rights of African-Americans and other minorities.WHAT WE DO
1. Assist in the utilization of the legal system to ensure equal rights for all people.
2. Strengthen economic, cultural, social, and family basis of African-American and other minority communities.
3. Articulate grievances of African-Americans and other minorities to protect individual rights.
4. Advocate and monitor government programs and policies as well as the performance of the nonprofit private sector.
5. Conduct fact-finding based on research related to discrimination and provide advocacy.
6. Support with investigating equality and fairness in such areas as:
d) Political Representation
f) Administration of Justice
h) Economic Development
7. Facilitate referral listing of Social Service agencies, Professionals, and Human Service Providers.
8. Work for the eradication of discrimination and injustice of African-Americans and other minorities based on the law. Advocates for change Through handling civil rights complaints, the SJ/SV NAACP is able to advocate for positive changes to take place in schools, the workplace, and in corporate and governmental practices.
- Linda Vu
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!