Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Would you like to assist in the fight against fraud, waste and abuse in Medicare?
If your answer is yes, then you have found the right listing. The Kansas Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) is looking for volunteers to reach out to Medicare beneficiaries in Kansas to help empower seniors to prevent healthcare fraud.
Volunteers receive both at home and face to face training and on-going support. Background checks and fingerprinting are required at no cost to the volunteer. If you are interested, e-mail or call Kansas SMP at 785-296-8450 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers may participate in one or more of the following activities depending on their preference. (Additional training may be required for some of the activities.)
- Staff display tables at senior fairs and community events
- Give public presentations to community groups on fraud and abuse
- Educate beneficiaries to review their Medicare Summary Notices or Insurance Explanation of Benefits statements enabling them to spot suspicious activity
- Act as a consumer education resource for Medicare beneficiaries and community members with emphasis on detecting possible healthcare fraud, waste or abuse
- Provide one-on-one counseling to individual beneficiaries at libraries, senior centers, etc.
- Distribute Information
To empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, error and abuse through outreach, counseling and education.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!