Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
AMIGOS mission statement:
- Provides leadership development opportunities for young people;
- Promotes community health in Latin America; and
- Facilitates cross-cultural understanding for the people of the Americas.
What is AMIGOS?
Amigos de las Américas is an international, nonprofit organization founded in 1965. We train and provide opportunities for high school and college students to participate in service projects in Latin America . These projects give young leaders the opportunity to explore their potential and rise to the challenge of independently managing responsibility within a multicultural setting. We believe that young people, like you, have the power and ability to change our world for the better!
Each year, AMIGOS trains and sends about 700 high school and college students from across the country to participate in service projects in Latin America . Volunteers spend five to eight weeks in a host country in the summer to work on various youth-to-youth community development and healthy community development programs.
• Programs last between 4-8 weeks in the summer
• Volunteers live in host communities with one or two other Volunteers
• Comprehensive medical and safety plans are in place to facilitate the well-being of Volunteers
• Each Volunteer has daily opportunities to experience cultural traditions, eat new food, learn new skills, and make lifelong friendships
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!