Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Bea's Kids is to provide educational and personal development programs to children from low-income families so they will stay in school and break the cycle of poverty.
Bea's Kids offers after-school tutoring, mentoring and personal development programs for at-risk children, K-12th grade. Our Tutoring Centers are located within the apartment complex where the children live providing a safe and nurturing environment.
- The after-school tutoring program offers daily assistance through volunteers who help children with their homework assignments and reinforce reading and math skills, as well as providing a daily snack.
- Summer camp is six weeks of lunches, fun, and fellowship following the students' attendance at summer school in the mornings.
- Bea Hive offers activities designed to keep at-risk middle school and high school students in school through graduation and encourage them to pursue further education be it college, technical, or vocational training.
- Parenting classes help parents understand the importance of education in today's society and workplace, and offer guidance which enables parents to build a stable and nurturing home for their children and teens.
- Incentives program where the students earn special rewards for making honor roll or by earning points during the after-school program. Being included in field trips and invitations to the weekly Friday "Yak and Snack" are motivation for the students to do their best.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!