Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Bea's Kids is to provide educational and personal development programs to children from low-income families so they will stay in school and break the cycle of poverty.
Bea's Kids offers after-school tutoring, mentoring and personal development programs for at-risk children, K-12th grade. Our Tutoring Centers are located within the apartment complex where the children live providing a safe and nurturing environment.
- The after-school tutoring program offers daily assistance through volunteers who help children with their homework assignments and reinforce reading and math skills, as well as providing a daily snack.
- Summer camp is six weeks of lunches, fun, and fellowship following the students' attendance at summer school in the mornings.
- Bea Hive offers activities designed to keep at-risk middle school and high school students in school through graduation and encourage them to pursue further education be it college, technical, or vocational training.
- Parenting classes help parents understand the importance of education in today's society and workplace, and offer guidance which enables parents to build a stable and nurturing home for their children and teens.
- Incentives program where the students earn special rewards for making honor roll or by earning points during the after-school program. Being included in field trips and invitations to the weekly Friday "Yak and Snack" are motivation for the students to do their best.
- Maribel Salazar
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!