Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Center for Natural Lands Management is:
- To conserve native species, their habitat and functioning ecosystems in perpetuity;
- To own and/or manage lands in an ecologically beneficial manner consistent with local, state and federal environmental laws and with science-based stewardship;
- To promote the conservation values of such lands through education;
- To promote and facilitate uses of lands by the public that preserve the conservation values; and
- To cooperate with public and private entities in their efforts to protect native species and their habitats for the public benefit.
The Thousand Palms Oasis Preserve has 880 acres and is contiguous with other conserved areas that are collectively known as the Coachella Valley Preserve System.
Tucked into the northern edge of the Indio Hills, the Preserve offers sweeping views of the Little San Bernardino Mountains and the southern edge of Joshua Tree National Park.
CNLM maintains a Visitors’ Center and a gated parking lot. This area is the hub of the more than 28 miles of trails within the Coachella Valley Preserve System. The CNLM Preserve gates are open year round.
The Visitors’ Center is a rustic and charming palm log cabin which was built in the 1930s and 1940s. It contains displays of the natural and historic features of the Thousand Palms Preserve and the Coachella Valley. It is closed in the summer from June 1 through August 31, but the preserve remains open for hiking and picnicking year-round.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!