Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Want to learn more about this School?
Alliance Charter Academy
Check out their profile on GreatSchools!
Our mission is to personalize learning through a collaboration of family, community and school; to nurture the innate curiosity of our students; ignite their passion for learning; and prepare them for lifelong success.
Alliance Charter Academy is a public, K-12 charter school in Oregon City, Oregon. Our mission is to provide a child centered, parent directed educational option to families in and around the Oregon City area. We serve students from all over the metro area. Our school is set up much like a university. Students are given an allotment based on their age and allowed to purchase classes, curriculum, or outside classes to further enhance their learning. We believe every child is different and inherently needs something different to flourish. Our classes are not based on biological age, but rather ability. Many classes run two or three grade groups in a classroom, not only building community, but collaboration as students learn to work with others who may be younger or older.
Our core values include:
Instruction that supports diverse, personalized approaches towards learning:
- Student-centered, authentic, flexible and creative.
- Meets diverse educational needs and learning styles (tutors, inquiry-based, field trips, hands-on, mentors).
- Delivered by positive and enthusiastic teachers who are knowledgeable about their subjects.
- Student-driven, wherein student assumes responsibility and ownership for his or her education.
Curriculum that supports families with educational resources, guidance and opportunities:
- Comprehensive and state standards based.
- Supports diverse educational needs and learning styles.
- Focuses on student-centered, individualized learning.
- Incorporates challenging and engaging learning materials and activities.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!